Since 2010, our students have led the effort to encourage others to "Make Your Mark." These young leaders are at the forefront of nearly every major college in Florida and in our community's workforce.
What We've Achieved
- Became a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation
- Accounted for 15% of Ridge Community High School's student population
- Accounted for 3,500 of Ridge Community High School's community service hours in the first six months of the 2015 school year
- Hosted NEA President Lily Eskelsen Garcia at Ridge Community High School to discuss the importance behind students leading true education reform
- Received the Polk Education Association's nomination for FEA Human and Civil Rights Award
- Awarded a Terracon Grant to charter a Chapter at Edgewater High School in Orlando, FL
- Nominated for the Roslyn S. Jaffe Award
- Hosted Middle School visits to inform students about the importance of good grades, test scores, and community involvement in High School
- Hosted yearly 8th Grade Orientations to get incoming high school freshmen acclimated to the expected high school campus culture
- Hosted yearly AP Parent's Night Seminars to inform parents and students about the benefits of Advance Placement classes, and the real-life benefits as spoken by Alpha Chapter Alumni
- Hosted yearly College Week events on campus to raise awareness about potential college and career options after high school
- Hosted the first Sigma Awards Night that sold out Ridge Community's auditorium and prompting a "standing-room only" reception every year afterward
- Collaborated with Sigma/RCHS Bolt Alumnus and current Pittsburgh Steeler, Vince Williams, to create XLIV, which is a program for student athlete leaders on campus. It encompasses students in every sport, and meets twice a week for "XLIV The Hall," Sigma's student athlete study hall.